Subject: Re: Flyer Output
From: Ian Lancaster <[email-masked]>
To: "Dennis R. Harp" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 1995 21:48:16 -0300 (ADT)

Concerning the output quality of the Flyer! I had noticed the same problem 
just after installing a new Flyer drive, not that this had had anything 
to do with that, but I had rewired the system. The symptom was that of 
Chroma gain, the colors were bloomed and noisy.

In my setup, I was running the Toaster Out through a monitor with 75 
termination off, into a vcr for recording. For reasons that I don't 
remember, I decided to do a FlyerCalibrate, only to find that it would 
not. After a day of frustration I checked the cables, to find that I had 
connected the Toaster to the monitor `out', and the vcr to the monitor 
`in'. Correcting this enabled the Flyer to calibrate, and seem to also 
eliminate the Chroma gain.

I can only surmise that the Flyer/Toaster is very sensitive to impedence, 
and requires a stable loading to work correctly. This is just my guess, 
but is a point I will watch in the future.

Cheers - Ian 

   Ian Lancaster                           [email-masked]
   St. Francis Xavier University           "Questions?"
   Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada               

--
Ian Lancaster <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]